National Capital Squash works to build squash in our region and is run by volunteers.
We can do more to build squash if we have more volunteers. Consider volunteering and serving as an officer or member of our board of directors.
You don’t have to be an officer or director to help us build squash. Here are some of the areas where our members could help:
- Writing and producing our e-newsletter.
- Establishing and leading a program for doubles squash play.
- Help get the word out Public relations efforts to place stories about squash in local newspapers and radio and TV news programs. There are a number of stories that could be placed each year that would lead to a large increase in the number of people who are exposed to squash.
- Support the construction of new courts in our region. Some squash districts have taken the lead in fundraising to build new squash facilities. In other districts, members have become investors in new facilities.
- Encourage private clubs and community centers to put squash in their long-term plans.
- Identify and recruit sponsors to bring squash events to Washington DC.
- Introduce tennis and racquetball players to squash.
- Introduce more kids to squash. Bring a school group to your courts and start them hitting on court.
- Establish and manage a squash league.
- Encourage schools to offer squash as a club or varsity sport and to consider putting construction of squash courts in their long range plans.
These are just a few ideas to build the game. Let’s work together to help introduce others to this great sport. We welcome your ideas and suggestions.
If you can help with any of these efforts or would like to become active in the leadership of NCS, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.